Key features of SPS Montessori
- First and only authenticated Montessori Pre-School in Krishnagiri.
- Neat spacious Environments of 1000 sq. ft size.
- Montessori methodology of teaching from the age of 2.5 years to 6 years.
- The Mixed Age group of children in the environments.
Experienced and loving facilitators certified with a diploma from Indian Montessori
Training Centre (IMTC), Karnataka.
- Two teachers and one caretaker for each environment.
- Separate teachers for Tamil and Hindi.
- The campus language is English. Spoken Hindi and Tamil are also given equal
- Activity-Based Learning.
- Children's library in each classroom.
- Nutritive morning and evening refreshments.
- Transport Facility.
- Safe Play area.
- Exercises of Practical Life.
- Sensorial Activities.
- Cultural Science (Botany, Zoology, History & Geography)
As the Montessori methodology is globalized, its essential for Montessori
teachers to be trained. Thus, this system is used in SPS, one of the best
international schools in Salem.
Batches of teachers have been sent for a training program with IMTC Chennai and
Karnataka chapter and made them certified Diploma holders in Montessori (D.M.T).
Initiated by our Correspondent Mrs. Deepthi Dhanasekar with our Senior Principal Mr.
C.Srinivasan, 16 teachers have completed at Coimbatore, Erode, Hosur and Bangalore
and awarded Montessori training and certified with D.M.T.
In 2019-20 our school campus has been made as the centre for the Montessori training
program based on IMTC, Karnataka chapter.
Moreover, in-house training is given to the teachers by the trained teachers on all
evenings and Saturdays.
exercises of Practical life
The Exercise of practical life activities in Montessori is given to the children to
develop their fine and gross motor skills.
Sensorial comes from the word senses. The purpose of sensorial activities is to help
children to sort out the different impressions given by the senses.
The role of nature in child’s learning is that it has given the ability to absorb
the language spoken by the others in his environment.
Montessori believed that a child’s mind is mathematical and based on the order of
perceptual awareness found in the development of the sense.
Culture and Science
Science is a part of our life.Science is everywhere from our kitchen to the pooja
room so it is necessary for the child to know it.
Play grounds are places where children’s play can take off and flourish.Our good and
neat play area is large enough and designed in such a way that children’s play can
come to full expression, where they can swing, jump, climb slide and explore the
2023 senthil public school Krishnagiri. all rights reserved.